Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gluten Free Pizza Pocket Recipe.

Ok, so I said this is a recipe, and it is sort of.

In this particular instance, I made up my dough, but it was incredibly easy. All I did was whip two eggs with a couple tablespoons of oil, and added about 1 tsp of xanthum gum and however much all purpose gluten free flour was needed to make a workable dough. Oh, and I sprinkled in some salt. Gotta have salt!

My sister has an Egg Noodle Recipe on her blog, The Frugal Farm Wife, if you want to check that out. It's basically the same except in this case I used the whole egg, instead of just the egg yolks. This is, after all, more of a crust than a noodle.
Of course you can use your favorite ravioli recipe for this too! It's all pretty much the same stuff.

Next I made a pizza sauce filling. I fried up some sausage, and added it and some chopped up mushroom pieces to some marinara sauce.

Now, to put it all together! Heat up some oil in a deep frying pan.

Take a ball of dough and roll it out into an oval. It doesn't need to be super thin. Make sure you use plenty of flour to roll out on, so it doesn't stick. Dump a spoonful of your filling onto one end, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.


Fold the other end of the dough on top, and press the edges together.



Cut away the excess edges and deep fry them!



This is what you'll get.



YUM!



1 comment:

Elise said...

Ah, those look so good! Who would have thought to use deep fried pasta dough?