Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My favorite Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix

This is the most affordable flour mix I've come up with. It tastes good. It has an excellent whole grain taste to it, and seeing as I have forgotten how wheat tastes, I sometimes think this tastes just like it (though I have been informed this is not the case).

This flour mix is really affordable, and you should have no trouble finding these ingredients at a health food store, in my case, Whole Foods, and Cane Creek Market.

Now, many recipes will call for each type of flour and starch seperately. When that happens, I just figure out quickly in my head about how many cups of flour that it would be all together, and substitute.
I recommend that you do not mix your xanthum gum or guar gum with your flour. Each recipe called for it's own special amount of gum.

So here's the recipe. It makes 5 cups of flour. I mix a bunch of this up ahead of time and store it in a plastic conainer.

2 cups white rice flour
1 1-2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1 cup cornstarch

Mix it all together thouroughly and store in plastic bag or container. Start using it in your baked goods, and see how you like it!

No comments: