Friday, February 12, 2010

Handmade Spark

You might like to know what I've been up to recently. Well, lots of things really. First of all I been spending a lot of time stocking up for my shop. It seems only reasonable that I use the slow winter months to prepare for the faster pace of summer, which seems to be when my sales take off.

Not a surprise really, since most of my products have a lot of flowers on them!

Of course, I've been listening to a lot of music when I do that too. My favorite thing to do is hook my ipod up to some big speakers in the living room, and play music from my playlists that way. Now everybody has to listen to my music!
Fortunately for them, I have good taste! Steven Curtis Chapman, Avalon, Don Francisco, Calvin Jones, and the likes. Oh, and the coolest soundtracks too, like The Prince Of Egypt, (of course it's good, it was written by Hans Zimmer!) Chronicles of Narnia, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Dark Night, Iron Man...you get the idea.
And don't forget Beethoven and Chopin. Got to throw them in the mix!

Also Timothy Adam started a new website, Handmade Spark, and I am now a writer for this site. If you've been around Etsy for very long, then you probably know who Timothy Adam is. He is well known for his knowledge of marketing, networking, etc. You might say he's kinda famous among the Etsians. Mention him in the forums, and everybody knows exactly who you're talking about.
This site is going to be packed with info for Etsy sellers.
It's brand new, and only has a few pages of articles, but don't worry, we're working on it! So far this week I've written 3. You might wanna go on over Here and check those out.

The first article I wrote is about how you can properly optimize your Etsy listings for relevancy, also known as SEO (search engine optimization). This Article explains how to make your listings more search engine friendly. I think many people who sell on Etsy have more control over the SEO in their listings than they realize! Check it out at Optimizing your Listings For Relevancy.

The second article I wrote isn't really an article, it's actually a review on some handmade Journals I found on Etsy. They are completely gorgeous! I want one by the way, for my birthday, which is in September, if you didn't know.
Read about it at Handmade Leather Journals.

And last but not least, I just wrote this one yesterday. This article explains how to create a listing, and then save it for later without actually listing it. I do this with a whole bunch of listings, so later during the summer, I can pull an already made listing up and hit the orange "finish" button. This way, when life gets really busy, listing only takes a few seconds.
Find out how to do that at Preparing For Your Selling Season.

Hope you enjoy those! I have more planned, hopefully soon I'll be writing some on photographing products. But first, I'll need to get some good "how to" pictures.

And before I can do that, I've got things around the house that need doing, so I'd better get busy!

No comments: